The EMLC consists of 30 brass leaf pairs with bottom edge located 16 cm above the isocenter. The resulting maximum field size at 100 cm isocenter is 21.4 cm x 21.4 cm. All leaves can be moved up to a fourth of the maximum field size beyond the central field axis (leaf overtravel).
In comparison with the standard applicator from 6 to 14 MeV, the only differences in dose distribution are the greater beam penumbra of 0.7 to 0.3 cm and the larger build-up effect in the depth-dose curves quantified by the lower surface dose of 3 to 4%. Radiation leakage of the EMLC at 14 MeV amounts to 1.5 to 2.5% relative dose, which could be effectively reduced up to the dose contribution from photon contamination of the electron beam due to our tongue-and-groove leaf design. The total weight of the EMLC is 23 kg.
Compact and user-optimized control unit
- Dual independent position measuring system for increased safety
- System design enables an independent function of the real controller
- Flexible user interface individually adaptable to the user’s needs
- Space saving single unit directly attached to the EMLC
- Thin cable loom with connectors provides ease of installation and operation